Dr. Schmitz received his Doctor of Optometry degree from the Michigan College of Optometry at Ferris State University in 1980. He received post graduate training in visual integrating processing in Sacramento, California in 1992.
He performs eye examinations for glasses and specializes in contact lens fittings, including bifocals, keratoconus and post-surgical fits. Dr. Schmitz also enjoys working with children of all ages.
Dr. Schmitz holds the following certifications:
- Certified Synergeyes Contact Lens Fitting – 2009
- TLC, Windsor, Ontari0 – Pre and Post Operative Care – 1996
- DPA-TPA Certified – Robert Gerholtz College of Life Long Learning, Ferris
- State University 1994
- Visual-Integrative Processing – 1992
Dr. Schmitz is a member of the:
- American Optometric Association
- Michigan Optometric Association
- Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity with six missions completed to Dominica, W.I.
- Regional Director – Grassroots Optometry